In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jon Ferrara. Jon is a serial entrepreneur and noted speaker about social, sales, and marketing. He’s the Founder of Nimble – The Simple CRM for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace. Jon Ferrara is best known as the co-founder of GoldMine Software Corp, one of the early pioneers in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for Small to Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs). He has been recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Social CEOs, Top 10 Social Salespeople In The World, and Top 100 Marketing Influencers.
Today, silos are created amongst your contact list across businesses of all sizes. From sales and marketing to customer service and accounting, you often have separate business applications or at the very least, different ways of managing your contacts. Nimble is working to make relationships easy.
In this episode, I talk with the Founder of Nimble, Jon Ferrara, about how Customer Relationship Management software (CRM) can help small business owners in ways they never imagined. We dive into the value of contact and relationship management. Having a great contact platform that provides you with a system of truth about relationships and interactions with contacts across your whole organization gives you the ability to follow up and follow through.
Questions I ask Jon Ferrara:
- [2:11] Can you talk about the Genesis or the early days of really trying to bring on software or this category that hardly existed for small businesses?
- [6:37] How has the aspect of integrating information people share on social and online into the platform become central to where Nimble is as a CRM platform today?
- [10:31] How does Nimble really act as that single point of contact for multiple departments rather than just being seen as a sales and lead generation tool?
- [15:18] By adding workflows, are you redefining CRM or you are creating a whole new category?
- [17:25] There’s a lot of people with thousands of emails for people who maybe get their newsletter and they might eventually be interested in what they’re doing – can you make a case for those contacts living in a CRM like Nimble or do those need to live somewhere else?
- [18:48] Where can people find out more about Nimble and when these new templates and workflows are going to be available?
More About Jon Ferrara:
- If you aren’t a Nimble customer, use the code JON40 and you’ll get 40% off your first 3 months of Nimble
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.