Is It Too Late To Start A Podcast? written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Marketing Podcast with Dan Franks
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dan Franks. Dan is the Co-founder and president of Podcast Movement, the world’s largest conference and trade show for the podcast industry. He is a CPA and was formerly the Business Manager and Director of Live Events for Midroll Media.
It seems like everyone today has a podcast. You might be wondering if it’s too late to start yours – the short answer? No. It’s not too late. The market may be more crowded than it once was, but people are still listening to podcasts at a growing rate. Podcasts are and will continue to be an amazing marketing tool that gives you a way to build a community and gives you a platform to advertise your products and services. In this episode, Dan Franks shares why podcasting isn’t dead and advice on starting your own.
Questions I ask Dan Franks:
- [1:11] Can you give me a little bit of the history behind Podcast Movement?
- [1:55] What does Podcast Movement look like today?
- [3:26] What’s been your history, and how did you get into podcasting?
- [5:12] If you were talking to someone who was thinking about starting a podcast, would you tell them now it’s too late?
- [11:31] What you’ve seen people doing to make podcast guesting just as effective as podcast hosting?
- [13:03] Have you seen any really out-of-the-box uses for being a guest on a podcast?
- [14:32] Companies today are coming up with different uses for podcasts – what kind of trends along those lines are you seeing?
- [15:56] If I’ve got my show going, how do I get more listeners?
- [18:44] What’s the best starter set up for somebody who wants to get going on a podcast?
- [20:54] What’s your current podcast setup?
- [22:52] Where can people find out more about your work?
More About Dan Franks:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and WorkBetterNow.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Whether you are looking to sell your business in the near future or just want to make it more scalable and profitable, Work Better Now’s virtual assistants can help you get there.
Work Better Now clients say that their Virtual Executive Assistants have made an impact on their businesses well beyond their expectations. For only $1900/month, you get a full-time assistant who is 100% dedicated to your business. There are no contracts and no additional costs. Based in Latin America with incredible English proficiency and business experience, Work Better Now Assistants undergo a rigorous screening and on-boarding process.
Get $150.00 off per month for 3 months just by mentioning “Duct Tape”. Learn more here.