In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing part three of a three-part series talking about my new book launching Sept. 21, 2021 — The Ultimate Marketing Engine: Five Steps to Ridiculously Consistent Growth. I’m diving into step three – narrowing your focus and identifying your ideal customer.
There are plenty of customers to go around. Just remember that you don’t need them all and maybe more important you don’t want them all. Not all customers are ideal – but saying no is maybe one of the scariest things there is for a business owner.
In this step, we’ll work on understanding who and what makes a perfect customer for your business. Then we’ll go to work on helping more of them understand why your business is the only logical solution for them to consider.
Topics I cover:
- [1:14] Where to listen to step one – mapping out where your best customers want to go and step two – finding the real problem your business solves
- [1:56] Why focus on the top 20% of your customers
- [6:57] Ranking your customers by profitability not solely revenue
- [8:14] Focusing on your best customers who are not only profitable but who also refer your business
- [9:00] Crafting a message that tells the world this is who we serve
- [9:41] If you’re trying to appeal to everyone, you turn yourself into a commodity
- [11:26] Why you need to hone in on who you can deliver the most value to
More About The Ultimate Marketing Engine:
- Part one – Mapping Out Where Your Best Customers Want To Go
- Part two – Finding The Real Problem Your Business Solves
- Get access to the Companion Course
- Get yourself a copy of the new book
- Learn more about The Ultimate Marketing Engine: Five Steps to Ridiculously Consistent Growth
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.