In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Brad Feld, c0-author of a new book The Startup Community Way: Evolving an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem.
Brad has been an early-stage investor and entrepreneur since 1987. Prior to co-founding Foundry Group, he co-founded Mobius Venture Capital and, prior to that, founded Intensity Ventures. Brad is also a co-founder of Techstars.
Brad is a writer and speaker on the topics of venture capital investing and entrepreneurship. He’s written a number of books as part of the Startup Revolution series and writes the blogs Feld Thoughts and Venture Deals.
Questions I ask Brad Feld:
- Have we evolved in the last few years in regards to startups?
- What makes a startup community?
- Can you copy successful startup communities?
- What part does distributed work play in creating startup communities?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What makes a startup community
- Why every city with over 100,000 people needs a startup community
- Why it’s so hard to predict where we are going in 2020
- If geography still plays a role in terms of creating community
More about Brad Feld:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.