My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Colleen DeBaise. She is a business journalist, author, podcast host at The Story Exchange, and contributing editor at Inc. She and I discuss her new book Start a Successful Business: Expert Advice to Take Your Startup from Idea to Empire.
DeBaise has spent the bulk of her career covering entrepreneurship, primarily as the small business editor of The Wall Street Journal, and later as a contributor to The New York Times. An entrepreneur herself, she is the founder of the Hampton Bee, a media site that provides news and tips for consumers who support small businesses on Long Island’s East End.
In addition to those roles, DeBaise has also served as an editor at Entrepreneur, BusinessWeekand SmartMoney. She has been interviewed as a small business expert on television and radio, including MSNBC, Fox Business News, CNBC, CBS and NPR.
Questions I ask Colleen DeBaise:
- Where does customer discovery fit into the lean startup world?
- Should startups seek out funding?
- Why should people embrace failure?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to come up with a brilliant idea
- How to discover the right formula for a business model
- How to execute a great idea
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Colleen DeBaise:
- Learn more about Colleen DeBaise.
- Buy Start a Successful Business: Expert Advice to Take Your Startup from Idea to Empire.
- Connect on Linkedin.
- Follow on Instagram.
- Follow on Twitter.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!