Tapping Into Existing Connections to Network Smarter written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Today’s podcast guest is best-selling author, speaker, and professor David Burkus.
Burkus is an expert on leadership; he teaches leadership and innovation at Oral Roberts University and has delivered keynote speeches and workshops for a variety of organizations, including Google, Microsoft, and the U.S. Naval Academy.
Burkus is the author of three books, and has contributed to the Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, the Financial Times, and Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
His latest book, Friend of a Friend: Understanding the Hidden Networks That Can Transform Your Life and Your Career, is about the power of tapping into your real life connections to grow your network in a meaningful way. The art of smart networking is what we talk about on today’s episode.
Questions I ask David Burkus:
- What is a hidden network?
- Has the online world made networking easier or harder?
- What role do “super connectors” play in this discussion?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to set limits in your online communities, and reduce your connections to those who really matter to you.
- How to get the attention of your weak ties by sharing information thoughtfully.
- Why “Who do you know in…?” is the key question to ask when looking to expand your network.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about David Burkus:
- Learn more about David Burkus
- Learn more about Friend of a Friend
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Want to learn how to get the most from podcast advertising and sponsorship? Check out our ultimate guide on the process.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by AXA Equitable Life.
It’s time we start giving life insurance the credit it deserves. That’s because life insurance can be so much more than protection for you and your family. It can also help you live, keep, and potentially build more cash value over time. To learn how, go to .
Disclosure: Life insurance is issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10104 or MONY Life Insurance Company of America (MLOA), an Arizona Stock corporation with its main administration office in Jersey City, NJ and is distributed by AXA Distributors, LLC.